Style and Design

When we visited your store (Boksburg) on the 21st March 2017, we have exhausted all other searchings for a desired lounge suit at other retail stores.We were very excited when we entered your store and started looking around due to the general layout and presentation of the products on offer.

We were also promptly attended to by Sindiswa Ndlazi who showed us the big variety of lounge suits in the showroom. We particularly favoured the suite we selected due to the look, feel, quality of the product and the fact the the lounge suit will be manufactured for us according to our specification with regards to the colour, uppers etc. Upon agreeing on the purchase, we promptly placed the order and paid an amount of R12 000.00 as well as purchased a leather care kit at the price of R325.00. It was agreed by the sales person attending to us, after consultation with her superior in the store, that the balance of the payment will be made before delivery.

We paid the balance of the purchase price on the 26 May 2017 which amounted to R27 995.00. As you can see, we have paid a total amount of R39 995.00 The estimated delivery date was agreed to be on the 15 May 2017. When my wife made contact with Sindiswa Ndlazi on Tuesday the 16 May 2017, after not hearing anything from the Boksburg store before the agreed delivery date, she was informed that a glitch was encountered with the order and that the lounge suit will only be dispatched on the 19 May 2017 and will arrive in JHB on the 22nd May 2017. My wife made telephonic contact with Sindiswa again on the 23 May 2017 and it was confirmed by Sindiswa that the lounge suit was indeed received, my wife arranged to make the final payment in the store on the 25 May 2017 in order to have the delivery on the 27 May 2017.

Subsequently on the 26 May 2017, we were informed that the lounge suit has gone missing from their distribution centre and cannot be found. We visited the store on Saturday the 27 May 2017 to ascertain what the problem is. We were informed by Sindiswa that apparently the Distribution Centre has sold our lounge suit, this was due to system switchover issues and that she will speak with the Boksburg Store Manager for resolvement. I have in turn given a deadline to her for the resolvement of this matter by Wednesday the 31 May 2017.

Should the issue not be resolved, or no feedback received, we would like the full purchase amount to be refunded.

I feel that the service received is not adequate and that it seems the only way to resolve this matter is to refund us our money according to the store.We still love the product and would like to give Rochester Furniture, who is part of the JD group, the opportunity to deliver the product which is said to be the purpose of the business, and in accordance with the Consumer Act.

Review about: Rochester Furniture Furniture Set.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: No service, Stealing my money.

Had an Experience with Rochester Furniture?

Comments